Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Concussion

This is a little late but I saw this picture today and it reminded me of my poor baby and his boo boo. The week before we were all getting ready for our big trip to Mexico Nathan got a concussion! He was jumping on the couch and bumped his head on the counter. It was fast and he played it off because he knew he isn't supposed to be jumping on the couch. About an hour or so later we were outside and he started throwing up. I thought oh no he must have caught something . As he curled up on the couch and kept getting sick it clicked with me that he had hit his head .Uh ohhhh. I called the doc and they said to get to the ER for a CAT Scan! I was so worried about him. He was so sleepy and just wanted to rest. The only thing I have ever heard about concussions was that you shouldn't sleep. I felt like the worse mom in the world telling my baby he couldn't sleep.
We got to the hospital and everyone was so sweet. They took him back right away and bumped him to the front of the line for a scan. Thank goodness everything was okay! The doctor said he probably didn't hit it hard but hit it in just the right way . He stayed sick and woosy for a few more days :( Luckily he was all better and cleared for our fun trip to Mexico. The one tip from the doctor was to try not to let him hit his head. So sure enough the first day there we bumped it on the corner of the couch. All I can say is Nathan has got his mommies grace! ha ha ha.

This is what my baby looked like for a good 48 hours.

1 comment:

J,K&C said...

Oh my, poor Nathan!! How scary!