Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Honest Nate


This last weekend we were all in the car when Nathan said nervously "Mommy, I have to tell you something" I looked at Kyle with a smile wondering what he was about to tell us. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth and when he is serious like this it usually means something funny. He continued" this morning while you were sleeping I ate all the M&M's" . I couldn't help but giggle. There was no way we could be mad at him for this. I said Oh you did? Wow , that was really great how honest you were. Thank you so much for telling us. We also made sure that he knew he shouldn't be roaming the pantry and eating candy first thing in the morning.

Today in the car I guess his guilt took over again because he had to tell me something. This time he ate a bag of gummy snacks he found in the pantry. It is so funny how serious he is . I wonder if he thinks he is going to get in trouble becuase you can tell he is a bit stressed and then so relieved once it is all out! ha ha ha.

Not that I am not a super honest person but I think he gets this from his Daddy. Kyle's mom always tells us how when Kyle was younger he could not lie and if he did he would come and find her and tell her the truth not to long later. I am happy to say I live with some honest boys. Now how do I keep Nathan so honest especially through the teenage years?

No comments: