Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fort Schomburg

Well the weather has been pretty darn nasty these last few weeks. It was supposed to snow one day, schools and work were closed because we know Houston and the folks here are not prepared for this kind of coldness. On top of this Arctic freeze we have all had some sort of the flu over the last week. Needless to say cabin fever has set in and we are going CRAZY. I do not know how people who live up north do it. I can not imagine being snowed in for weeks at a time! I would dig a tunnel through that snow and break out after day 2. ha ha.
I have been trying to think of things for the boys to do besides watching TV and tearing the house apart. Well it hit me one day.... don't all boys love forts? This is just a known thing right? I can't believe I hadn't thought of this earlier. I mean we play in tents and under tables but duh......... A fort ! Perfect!!!!
I got out the chairs, I got out the blankets and went to work. It turns out I am no fort expert. I kept loosing the blanket every time someone hit a chair. I got some clips and clipped it to the chair which just made the chairs fall over. I never knew it took so much to actually build a working fort? Eventually we got it and the boys had a blast! They decided it was a space station and loaded it up with the rocket ship and moon station toys. Nathan of course was a serious astronaut who had business to take care of in space. Nolan took on the job of security making sure Dudley did not enter the space station. Every time he would get close I heard him yell " Duddeeee , No Bop it". Luckily it kept them busy for a bit and we didn't have to watch any Dora the Explorer that afternoon, Thank you for that Fort Schomburg!!!


No comments: