Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lions, Tigers and Bears.......OH MY!

The weather has been so perfect this last couple of weeks so we meet up with our friends at the zoo to get out and enjoy!
The boys haven't been in a while so they were very excited. When we got there we headed straight towards the elephants . All of the kids ran up to the fence to check them out. Nolan was sitting in his stroller and all of the sudden started SCREAMING. I thought something must have stung him with the way he was yelling. He was climbing out as fast as he could. I picked him up quickly and realized he was yelling " HOME, HOME" . He was scared of the elephants. Can you believe it!? My crazy , wild , fearless child was scared of the elephants? I felt bad for him but it did make me a giggle a bit. I seriously had no clue he would be scared of them. All I can think is that when he sees them on TV or in books they aren't as big as in real life. He probably thought "What is that thing!" ha ha ha. We moved on to see some other animals. Our friends were very excited to see the Lions so we headed that way. Sure enough Nolan did not like the lions either. I can understand that one. I often wonder to myself how strong that glass is that holds them in. :)
We then ate some lunch and watched a show in the children's area. It was pretty neat. Our friend got picked to do the elephant race and then they all got to pet a turtle the zoo keeper brought out for them to see. We then headed over to a fun new play area they have with big rope walls to climb on and slides to slide down. The boys had a blast. They were climbing and swinging like crazy!

After the climbing we went to the petting zoo, checked out the new Africa area with Giraffes and Rhinos, and visited the monkeys. When we got into the monkey area everyone was standing around watching something. We weren't sure what was going on so we moved down to the next big viewing area. It turns out the monkeys were fighting. There were a couple mean ones in there. They were running around hitting each other. My rules boy Nathan did not like this one bit. Nolan on the other hand was watching them in amazement. I am sure in his head the thought, now those monkeys know how to have a good time!
As Nathan was standing up by the glass one of the mean chimps ran up and hit the glass right at him. He flipped out. He immediately went to the exit. He kept telling me that " That Monkey Punched Me! ?" He was so serious and I think it hurt his feelings a bit.
We then moved on to some cool new kids area where they had drums and huts built. The kids ran back and forth and then pretended to cook dinner at the pretend camp fire.
I thought for sure everyone would be exhausted by this point but they all remembered the train . We made our way , had a quick ice cream break and hoped on the train.
It was such a beautiful day and these guys had such a great time. As much as I love the holidays I am so glad it is time for spring!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Ah man, we missed all the fun!