Thursday, November 18, 2010

Outside Centers

Today was outside center day at school. I was signed up to volunteer and the weather was gorgeous. Nolan's age group was first. I was helping the ladies set up when I see him walking around the corner like he was running the show. He definitely has a special walk that lets you know he has a purpose and this was it.
They had leaf colors that we sprayed with water and let the markers bleed, face painting, leaf rubs, sand tubs, bubbles, shaving cream painting and lots of playing.
Nolan seemed to take everything very seriously and concentrated so hard on the leaf rubbing. It is so neat to see him interacting with his friends and teachers . Nolan is VERY different at school. He is such a great listener and a big sweetheart to his teachers. He falls asleep on Mrs. Sandra's lap everyday. :)
After Nolans group left I helped wash all the babies up and switched off for Nathans class. He was already running around and playing by the time I got there. I painted a snake on his face that his friends all copied. Thank goodness no one asked crazy!
He has a new friend in his class whose name is McKayla. I think he might have a little crush on her. I thought I would help him out and painted two things on her face for her! I made sure to let her know I was Nathan's mom. I am sure he will thank me in 10 years! ha ha ha.
It was such a great day and I love seeing these guys with their friends.




No comments: