Sunday, April 6, 2014

Nathans New Sport Room

For Nathans birthday he asked for a new bedroom? He is definitely my child!  His main request was that it be " a big boy room." He said his was still baby. We talked about it and Kyle and I decided to do a whole redo. Nathan said he wanted a sports room. I of course starting thinking what we could do right away . We went from a basketball type flooring to turf to the hardwood we ended up with . We also got rid of his big bunk beds and had some built ins put up. I love the color grey in houses so much right now so had to sneak that in somehow:) I designed the Schomburg Field sign for the headboard and had it printed on canvas.  We raided some of dads sports collection where we scored the Rockets goods . I looked for some vintage pennants to hang over the desk area and was lucky enough to find the Oilers, Astros , Rockets and Rice ! It has been fun picking up things here and there and I had no clue how much fun it is to shop for vintage sports equipment. We also freshened up his bathroom a bit but are still looking into some new granite.  It took us  a bit to get it all together but it is finally a new room. Nathan loves it !!! Here are some pics of before and after. The after pictures are missing some stadium seats we got from the old Astrodome. We are trying to figure out how to refurbish them and get them bolted into the floor.

It was def worth all the work!











3 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh could you please send me the link for the bedding, it is perfect to dress up with everything else

Brittney said...

Where did you get the comforter this is exactly what I'm looking for

Kmparker said...

I love the room makeover. Where did you get the cabinets next to and above the bed?